2017-2018 Graduate Tuition and Fees
- Graduate Credits: No flat rate: $1,713 per credit
- Graduate School of Information: No flat rate: $1,376 per credit
Fees vary according to program.
ACADEMIC FACILITIES FEES
- Full-time (Fall and Spring): $350 Per semester
- Part-time (Fall and Spring): $195 Per semester
- Summer Term All Students: $195 Per semester
- Full-time (Fall and Spring): $325 Per semester
- Part-time (Fall and Spring): $165 Per semester
- Summer Term All Students: $165 Per semester
STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES FEE (MANDATORY FEE THAT IS NOT THE SAME AS STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE)
**Waived for Study Abroad Students
- Full-time (Fall and Spring): $200 Per semester
- Part-time (Fall and Spring): $102 Per semester
STUDENT ACTIVITIES FEE
**Waived for Study Abroad Students
- Full-Time (Fall and Spring): $112 Per semester
- Part-Time (Fall and Spring): $90 Per Semester
- International Students (Full-time): $100 Per Semester (Fall and Spring)
- International Students (Part-Time): $75 Per Semester (Fall and Spring)
HEALTH INSURANCE FEE 2017-2018
$1073.50 Per Semester
GEOBLUE (International Student Insurance) - **Varies on length of stay
(Required for all students studying abroad except for Copenhagen)
TUITION INSURANCE FEE 2017–2018
$150 Per Semester*
*Students may opt of this service for the year and waive the fee using the Tuition Insurance Waiver. ALL waivers must be received by the final deadline of September 25, 2017. Approved waivers for the Fall term, will used to automatically waive the fee for the Spring term.
SHOP SAFETY COURSE
$100 Flat fee in addition to all other charges.
ARCHITECTURE SHOP FEES
**Waived for Study Abroad Students
STUDY ABROAD FEES
- Study Abroad fee: $400
- International student fee: $75
DIGITAL ARTS FEES
- All 100/200/300 Level Courses: $45 per course
- All 400/500 Level Courses: $55 per course
- All 600 level Courses: $65 per course
DEDUCT THE STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE FEE IF YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR WAIVER ONLINE.
DEDUCT THE DEWAR’S TUITION INSURANCE FEE IF YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR WAIVER ONLINE.
Students are accessed 100% of all fees when dropping classes and incurring penalties during the drop/add period.
Dormitory and meal plans are charged by the Residential Life Office. Payment is expected in full for these charges by the payment due date. If a charge is incorrect or missing, please contact Residential Life at 718.399.4550 immediately to make adjustments on your invoice and to verify your assignment. You can always check any changes to your bill online at my.pratt.edu
MANDATORY MEDICAL INSURANCE
All students are required to have medical insurance. Pratt charges all students every semester to ensure each student is covered. The health insurance waiver deadline for Fall 2017 is September 25, 2017. The Spring 2018 health insurance waiver deadline is February 10, 2018. For those students with existing medical coverage, an online waiver must be completed by the waiver deadline in order to avoid the student health insurance fee. You will be required to waive the insurance once each semester at the Pratt Waiver website.
For information regarding your medical insurance options, please contact the Health Services office 718.399.4542 or visit: www.pratt.edu/student-life/student-affairs/health-counseling/student-health-insurance.
- Students and community 50% of the published “per credit” tuition rate for each course.
- Pratt Alumni 40% of the published “per credit “tuition rate for each course.
- All persons auditing courses are charged 100% of all fees.
ZERO CREDIT INTERNSHIPS
- Zero credit internships may have billing credits which are charged at 30% of the “per credit” rate.
- All zero credit internships are charged 100% of all fees.
Pratt Institute Refund Policy
For all students, the following course withdrawal penalty schedules apply:
For the Fall and Spring Academic Year
- Full Refund: Withdrawal prior to and including the opening day of the term
- 85% Tuition Refund: Withdrawal from the second through the eighth day of the term
- 70% Tuition Refund: Withdrawal from the ninth through the 15th day of the term
- 55% Tuition Refund: Withdrawal from the 16th through the 22nd day of the term
- No Refund: Withdrawal after the 22nd day of the term
Summer 2017 Refund Policy
- Prior to and including May 15: Full Refund
- May 16-22: 55% Refund
- After May 22: No Refund
VA and Third Party Company Billing
- Students must provide written documentation from the third party billing sponsor advising how much and when payment will be received for a given semester. The documentation should come from the third party billing sponsor and indicate the term the funds being received are for. The documentation should also clearly state whether any excess funds are to be refunded to the student or sent back to the third party billing sponsor.
- Students will be financially cleared only in the event the third party billing sponsor is covering tuition, fees and any other charges in full. THE INSTITUTE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO BLOCK FUTURE REGISTRATIONS IN THE EVENT THE THIRD PARTY BILLING SPONSOR HAS NOT PAID THEIR PORTION PRIOR TO THE BEGINNING OF A SUBSEQUENT SEMESTER.
- Students will not be financially cleared in the event the third party billing sponsor is only covering a portion of the tuition and fees unless the portion not covered by the third party sponsor is paid in full by some other means.
- Students can apply for refunds only in the event that the third party billing sponsor letter has been received and either payment in full is as a result of the letter, or additional financial aid must be in an approved status at the time the letter is presented. Refunds are not available until after the drop/add period ends for each semester.
- Students should bring or send the original documentation to Ms. Loretta Edwards - Student Financial Services - 200 Willoughby Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11205 Myrtle Hall 6th Floor.
- Third party billing sponsors are typically not billed until after the drop period ends each semester in order to ensure there are no future changes to registration. Students are ultimately responsible for any changes that occur to billing after the third party sponsor payment has been received.
- Questions concerning VA Billing for Chapter 33 are handled by the Registrar's Office, Ms. Charlotte Outlaw-Yorker - 200 Willoughby Avenue, Brooklyn NY 11205 Myrtle Hall 6th Floor.
Pratt has partnered this year with Heartland ECSI, offering you the opportunity to receive your 1098-T Tuition Statement electronically this year. You will receive an email shortly to sign up for electronic delivery of your 1098T.
If you would like to receive your 1098-T form electronically, please give your consent by following the link provided in the email and following the step by step instructions. 1098-T’s will be provided by the end of January 2018. If electronic consent is not received by January 1, 2018, the 1098-T will be mailed to the current address on file.
Heartland ECSI will have 2 prior year’s (2015, 2016) 1098T information in their system. For any forms older than 2015 please contact the sfs Office directly.
We can only provide reprints for a prior year.
Current year forms are only available through July 1.
We cannot give tax information therefore it is best to talk to an accountant to determine if you qualify. If your form is not available online, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a complete copy of your tuition bill for tax purposes, please contact Student Financial Services directly at email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please visit http://www.ecsi.net/taxinfo.html for information regarding your tax documents and to obtain contact information for Heartland ECSI.
- IRS Education Credit Eligibility Calculator www.irs.gov/uac/Am-I-Eligible-to-Claim-an-Education-Credit%3F
- IRS Summary www.irs.gov/app/understandingTaxes/hows/mod10/media/fs_mod10.pdf
- IRS Pub 970 www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p970.pdf
- IRS Form 8863 www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8863.pdf
For Canadian Students: Please provide the Canadian form to Ms. Loretta Edwards, Myrtle Hall 6th Floor, to be completed and returned to you. Please allow 48–72 hours for the form to be completed.
Late Fees, Interest, and Return (Bounce Check) Fees
- A late fee of $195 will be charged for any unpaid balance after the initial disbursement of financial aid has been applied for each semester.
- The Return Check fee is $25. The Institute reserves the right not to accept any subsequent personal checks after a check has been bounced.
General and Miscellaneous Fees
- Application Fee: $50
- Application Fee: International Students $90
- Acceptance Deposit: $500
- Residence Deposit: $300
- Fee for issuance of Diploma: $35
- Re-Admission Fee: $55
- Leave of Absence Fee: $20
- International Student Transfer Credit Evaluation Fee: $30
- Thesis Submittal Fee (Per Copy): $100
- Parking Permit: $200 - Lost or stolen Permits: $25 - apply for your permit here: prattcard.pratt.edu/parking
- A. Deposit: $100
- B. Fee: 30% of the Graduate per credit rate 2016-17: $494
- C. Fee: 30% of the Graduate rate School of Information 2016-17: $397
- Regular Request (Internet): $7.50 (include $2.50 Clearing House Cost)
- Express (Internet): $10
- Other (In Person): $15
- U.P.S. Service: (Internet) $18.50
Graduate Studio Deposits
FA STUDIO REFUNDABLE DEPOSITS
- $50 studio deposit for the entire program
- $25 key deposit for the entire year - for studios with key-access
- $25 locker deposit for the entire program
- Deposits are paid to Student Financial Services and refunded by check
Library Reproduction Fees
Image Fees Summary
$10 Already digitized ($10 handling fee for up to 5 images, after that additional $1 per image)
$25 New digital files per image ($25 set up fee which covers up to 5 images, after that additional $1 per image)
$25 Handling for fragile/rare materials (additional $50 per hour, with a ½ hr minimum of $25)
Rush fees (additional 50% of total fee)
CD or DVD (additional $5 per order plus variable shipping/delivery fee)
Library Late Fines
$0.2 Circulating books - per day
$0.2 Picture files - per day per envelope
$2 Course reserve items – per hour or portion thereof
$5 Interlibrary loan items—per day
$1 Film and Videos, DVDs—per day
$5 Film and Videos, 16mm—per day
$12 Multimedia equipment—per day
$0.5 35mm Slides—per day per box
Library Lost Item Replacement Fees
$90 Circulating books ($15 additional may be charged if a softcover is replacing a hardcover book)
$25 Picture files
$90 Course reserve items
$90 1 Day Loans
Interlibrary loan items—Lending library determine replacement costs
Film and Videos—DVDs & 16mm—replacement cost
Multimedia equipment—Replacement cost
35mm Slides—Determined by Department
Friends of the Library Fees
$100 General Public (For library access privileges & book borrowing—two book limit)
$25 Lost/Stolen ID Card –ID Card Replacement Fee
$20 Lock (Core) Replacement – Residential Life
$3 Key Replacement Residential Life
$25 Unreturned Mailbox Key
Fees are payable to the Student Financial Services Office.