Undergraduate Digital Arts and Animation
The Department of Digital Arts cultivates outstanding artists and professionals in the fields of animation, interactive arts and gaming. Within an atmosphere emphasizing curiosity, empathy and social responsibility, a diverse body of students prepares for successful careers in art, technology and entertainment.
Our structured curriculum immerses undergraduates in the execution of individually-produces projects while honing marketable skills for employment. Additionally, the program facilitates collaborative and interdisciplinary efforts through required courses, electives and student groups. Through a culture of freedom of expression students develop unique artistic voices. Small class sizes and mentorship by our distinguished faculty enable students to acquire robust production skills and create a professional portfolio or reel.
Digital Arts Areas of Emphasis:
Our home on campus is Myrtle Hall, a LEED Certified Green building that includes:
- Nine state of the art digital studio/classrooms
- Digital Arts Resource Center
- Digital Commons flex-space
- High Speed Fibre Channel Network
- Traditional Animation Facilities
- Audio Recording Studio
- Dedicated Green Screen facility
- Graduate Studio spaces
- 2-D/3-D Printers and production facility
- Mediated Digital Arts Gallery