Please read the instructions below before you submit your application.
Program applicants must be eighteen years of age or older and have the minimum equivalent of an American high school diploma to be considered for CEP admission. See the list below for the steps you must follow in applying to Pratt Institute’s Certificate of English Proficiency (CEP) program or our Summer Certificate Program (SCP).
- Complete the online Application Form.
- Submit a written Statement of Purpose.
- This statement must be an essay of no less than 400 words, entitled “Why I Wish to Study English at Pratt Institute.”
- At the bottom of the essay, type your name and the following: “I certify that I am the writer of this essay.”
- If you have been accepted into a degree program at Pratt for the Fall 2022 semester please note this on your application form.
Submitting Your Application
Students may apply using our online application form. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, but students are encouraged to apply as early as possible to avoid complications in reserving on-campus housing, attaining visas, etc. If you are accepted, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (I-20) form, covering you for the length of your program.
If you have questions about the application process please contact us at email@example.com. You may also visit our offices on Pratt's Brooklyn Campus in DeKalb Hall, Room 416, between 9 AM and 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
Summer Full-day Immersion classes:
Fall or Spring CEP
(In U.S. Dollars)
*Tuition and fees subject to change.
CEP and SCP Application Deadlines*
- Summer Session: May 1, 2022
Because the I-20 application is a long process, it is advisable to begin as early as possible in order to have enough time before the start of the SCP program. We recommend that you submit your SCP application and SCP I-20 Request by mid-April.
- CEP Fall: June 1, 2022
- CEP Spring: November 1, 2022
*Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are unable to meet the deadline. Deadline extensions are granted on a case-by-case basis. Students who apply for the SCP or CEP program after the I-20 deadline may not be able to get their visas in time. The I-20 application deadlines are April 15 for SCP, June 1 for CEP starting Fall, and Nov. 1 for CEP starting Spring.
Tuition Deposit and Deadline
- SCP Summer: May 15
- CEP Fall: July 15
- CEP Spring: December 15
To secure your place in our programs, please submit your tuition deposit on or before the deadline above. If you plan to join more than one program, only one deposit is necessary. Submityour depositnow.
SCP 2022 Summer Session Dates
- Move-in: June 5 (for students who choose to apply for on-campus housing)
- Incoming testing: in advance online
- SCP Orientation and OIA check-in: June 6
- Summer Session Classes: June 7 - July 29 2022
Please note: If you have been accepted for the Fall semester and would like to get a head start on your English you must apply for the SCP I-20 prior to applying for your Fall I-20. We strongly recommend that all students who received TOEFL scores below 100 iBT enroll in the Summer Certificate Program (CEP). If you decide to join us for the summer, please be sure to send your application directly to us before you complete the I-20 request online.
Students who wish to live on campus may contact Pratt’s Office of Residential Life at 215 Willoughby Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11205 or call 718.399.4550.