Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Design
The mission of the Interior Design Department's B.F.A. program is to enrich the profession and educate leaders in the practice of Interior Design. The educational community encourages philosophical explorations, ethical responsibility, aesthetic expressions, and practical applications in line with professional standards. With a firm commitment to social and environmental responsibility, the department strives to create professionals who effectively contribute to the enhancement of function, health, safety, and quality of the human environment.
- Students will be able to identify and explore complex problems in the realm of the interior, and generate creative solutions incorporating all aspects of the design process.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively through analog and digital medium.
- Students will be able to present the conceptual basis of their work in both oral and written form, critique the work of others, and engage in multi-disciplinary collaborations.
- Students will apply their knowledge of history and current issues affecting the design field, as well as the broader social and cultural contexts affecting the built environment to the solution of design problems.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to integrate a broad-based knowledge of standards and precedents related to sustainable practice, material research, environmental quality, aesthetics, technology, in the design of interior environments.