Exchange Programs consist of one semester of full-time study in a host country and is designed for students in their junior year. Students may register for classes in their chosen major or may elect to take courses in different areas. All courses completed with a passing grade will be credited toward the student’s degree program.
This international program is based on exchange. Therefore, all exchange programs are contingent upon the enrollment of students at Pratt from the eighteen partnership schools.
We encourage all of our students to pursue opportunities to study abroad with one of our many exchange partner schools. Undergraduate exchange programs are highly competitive and an application does not ensure a nomination through Pratt. There are several factors that can influence your initial eligibility to be nominated. Please review the following requirements before applying.
- Must have completed undergraduate second year.
- Must have completed at least 58 credits prior to exchange semester and complete credits adding up to no more that 97 total at the end the exchange semester.
- If you have questions as to your classification, please see the Office of Acdemic Advisement, Myrtle Hall, 6th floor.
- Must have two full-time semesters (12 credits each semester) remaining upon return to Pratt from exchange school.
- Good academic standing, at least a GPA of 3.0.
- Good social standing – i.e. not on probation.
- Transfer students – GPA must reflect at least one semester’s attendance at Pratt at the time of application, must meet eligibility, and must have approval.
- Change of Major – If you changed majors, it must have been changed for the semester prior to your application, so that your GPA and portfolio reflect classes in that major.