Frequently Asked Questions
How do I qualify?
1. Open to all students on campus, regardless of major.
2. Must be available to work a minimum of 5 hours per week on site (preferably in the morning hours) during club hour (no classes).
3. Must be Registered at Pratt institute and have work-study
4. Must attend monthly Paid training meetings
5. Must submit Bi-weekly Tutor Logs
How am I assigned to a school site?
The Program Coordinator, Peggy Feagin, meets with each prospective tutor to establish the most appropriate site to meet the need of the community, whether they are geographic or age-specific. A list of sites profiles are on file for students to review with Peggy. Though every effort is made to pair tutors with sites they are interested in. Availability of sites is limited due to the large number of applicants for positions. Final site placement is up to the Coordinator. Students who have a year or more service with the program will be given first preference. How am I paid? Tutors are paid bi-weekly on Fridays after 10:30 am.
How do I enroll?
1. Contact Peggy Feagin at : 718-399-4489 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Meet with a Financial Aid Representative on campus (first floor, Dekalb Hall.) to make sure that you are qualified to receive Federal Work Study funds.
3. Complete an application and schedule an appointment to meet with the Peggy Feagin. Bring your application to the meeting. If hired, you will be asked to complete additional paperwork.
4. Volunteers and Language volunteers are also welcome