Registering for Classes
Registration processing for each spring term typically begins around the end of October and the beginning of November. Registration processing for the summer and fall terms begins around the end of March and the beginning of April. A student’s registration date is displayed under their name when they log in to my.pratt. Class registration is done online through Academic Tools, the same portion of the Pratt website that allows students to adjust their schedule, view their grades, and review their degree progress (audit).
A registry of confirmed courses being offered in the current or future semesters and space availability can be found in the Schedule of Classes available online through the Academic Tools "Students" menu: webadvisor.pratt.edu.
Undergraduate and Graduate Bulletins for the current academic year can be downloaded or requested through the admissions office.
Official registration dates can be found on the Academic Calendar or in the Academic Guide for Students (available in the Registrar's Office or download the pdf). Responsibility for a correct registration and a correct academic record rests entirely with the student. Students are responsible for knowing regulations regarding withdrawals, refund deadlines, program changes, and academic policies.
How to Register for Classes Online
Getting to Academic Tools
1. Log in with your OneKey at pratt.edu/mypratt. (Forget your OneKey?)
2. Click on the Academic Tools tab on the left side of the page. Then click on the "log in" link under Academic Tools and enter your OneKey again.
Creating a Worksheet
3. After the system logs you in, click on the "STUDENTS" menu on the sidebar.
4. Click on Create / Add to Worksheet under the Course Planning heading.
5. Confirm your program and click Submit.
6. You can now begin to create your worksheet by selecting the appropriate search options. Choose by Subject, Course Level, and/or Course Number using the drop down menus. You may search for desired courses either by subject or department. If you do not provide a course level or course number, all courses in the subject will appear in your results. Advance search options are listed below. Once you have entered your subject, course level, and/or course number, click Submit to receive the results.
7. The Search Results screen shows a list of courses you can choose to add to your worksheet. Select your course or courses by clicking in the Select Course checkbox; then select the Planned Term using the drop down menu. Clicking the Narrow My Search checkbox will take you back to the Create /Add to Worksheet screen; a new search will only narrow results within the last search. Once you are finished, click Submit.
8. The next screen shows your Course Planning Worksheet. Make sure all information is correct. You may add more classes by clicking on Create/Add to Worksheet at the top of the screen. Repeat this process until you have chosen all of your courses. To remove a course or change the semester when you wish to take it, click Modify Worksheet. Once you are finished, contact your academic advisor to request approval of the courses you have chosen.
Contacting Your Advisor(s)
To contact you Academic Advisor for approval click Contact Advisor(s) on the Course Planning Worksheet. The worksheet can be accessed from the Students Menu by clicking View Worksheet.
9. Check the Send To box of the advisor you wish to email. In some cases you will have more than one advisor listed. You may choose to email a single advisor or all of them. Please note that if you choose a course or courses outside of your major you must contact the respective advisor or department for approval. You can also choose to include additional email addresses if necessary.
Fill in your Subject and Email Text, then click submit to send your email. After your Advisor receives your email, he or she will review and approve your course or courses. Your advisor will email you once approval to register is given.
Registering Your Classes
10. When your courses have been approved you are ready to register. In the Students Menu select Register from My Worksheet (under Registration in the left column).
11. Confirm your academic program and click Submit.
12. You are now ready to choose sections for the courses you have been approved to take. Click the Find Sections checkbox for the courses you plan to take. Make sure it has been approved by your advisor. Click Submit to get a list of sections available.
13. This is a list of all sections available for your selected courses. Review the list of sections paying special attention to the course status (open or closed), location, and meeting information. You can only register for courses that have a status of open. Select the course or courses that best fit your schedule and that you would like to register for at the moment. On the left hand side, under the Select column, put a check mark in the box on the line that corresponds with your class. Next click Submit to continue the registration process.
14. Now you are ready to register for the sections you have just selected. Click the drop down menu under the Action column and select RG Register. If you change your mind about a class, you may choose Remove From List on the same drop down menu. If the course is a variable credit course enter the desired credit. When finished, click Submit.
15. The Registration Results page lets you see your registered classes and any for which you are waitlisted. Please review and approve the results by clicking OK.
Congratulations, you have successfully completed the registration process!
Back at the Student Menu you can print your Class Schedule listed under the My Courses heading. Options to view / print or pay your tuition bill are listed under the Bursar heading.
Always check your schedule and bill after making any changes to make sure there are no outstanding issues.