Remember: Graduation and Commencement are separate events.
You must complete your graduation application in order to graduate.
Pratt officially awards (designates) degrees on three dates each year. A student that has completed all requirements for a degree will not be officially recognized as graduated until one of these three dates. Students must submit a graduation application in the semester prior to their anticipated graduation date in order to complete a degree.
|Summer||March 25||October 1||May 14, 2013|
|Fall||March 25||February 1||May 14, 2013|
|Spring||December 15||June 1||May 14, 2013|
There is no ceremony when degrees are conferred on these three dates. Instead, Pratt celebrates the accomplishments of all recent graduates at a Commencement Ceremony held every May. Graduation and Commencement are separate events. Your participation in Commencement does not mean you have graduated. To take part in the ceremony, a student must have either filled out a graduation application for the spring term or graduated after the prior summer or fall term. For the 2013 ceremony this means any student who finished their degree requirements in Summer 2012, Fall 2012, or Spring 2013. Those students that have 12 credits or less remaining at the end of spring term 2013 and want to attend the 2013 Commencement Ceremony must apply to graduate in summer or fall 2013 AND complete a Permission to Walk form in the Registrar's Office by March 1, 2013.
See the Commencement Page for more information.
In order to graduate from Pratt you must:
- Complete the total number of credits required for the academic program to which you were admitted.
- Complete all required courses for the academic program to which you were admitted.
- Meet or exceed the minimum 2.0 GPA (Undergraduate) or 3.0 (Graduate) for graduation from the academic program to which you were admitted. (Check your degree audit for requirements specific to your program.)
- Complete a graduation application on My.Pratt.
- Log in with your OneKey at http://my.pratt.edu. (Forget your OneKey?)
- Click on the Academic Tools tab near the top of the page. Then click on the Academic Tools link.
- After the system logs you in, click on the 'STUDENTS' menu on the sidebar.
- Click on Apply for Graduation under Graduation in the left column.
- Check the box next to the academic program for which you are eligible for graduation and click submit.
- The screen will then display the Application for Graduation. Please verify all information on this screen; make the necessary corrections and add additionally required information.
- Click submit to view the Confirmation Form.
- Print this screen for your records and click OK to return to the Students menu.
NOTE: The data that is entered on this screen or on the paper application will affect your graduation date. The data will also affect what information appears on the diploma and in the Commencement Ceremony Program booklet. Applications for any graduation date will only be accepted online until the application deadline. Late applications must be made in writing at the Registrar's Office and are subject to the approval of the Associate Registrar.
Graduating with Honors and with Distinction
For associate and baccalaureate degrees to be graduated with honors, a student must have earned a final cumulative GPA no lower than 3.5 in all work. A minimum final cumulative GPA of 3.75 is required for graduation with highest honors. To be considered for honors/highest honors, a student must have completed a minimum of 50 percent of degree credits at Pratt. These credits must be earned in semesters evaluated with a GPA.
For graduate degrees to be considered with distinction, a graduate student must have earned a final cumulative GPA no lower than 3.85 in all work. To be considered for distinction, a student must have completed a minimum of 50 percent of degree credits at Pratt. These credits must be in semesters evaluated with a GPA.