Forms from the Registrar’s Office
This page contains downloadable versions of forms offered at the Registrar's Office. It does not contain every form that is available at the office. All forms must be printed, signed, and turned in to the Registrar's Office to become official.
— student must provide appropriate documentation for the name change (passport, visa, birth certificate, marriage certificate)
Transcript Request— official transcripts may be ordered through the National Student Clearinghouse (external link). Visit Pratt's Transcripts page for more information.
— unofficial transcripts can be viewed through Academic Tools
Attendance at Pratt
- Students seeking approval to transfer from one Program of Study (Major) to another within the same school, must fill out this form and secure signed approvals by both Department Chairpersons and/or your Academic Advisor. Evaluation of Transfer credits must be completed by an authorized evaluator for the new program of study.
- Students who wish to transfer from one school to another in the Institute (e.g. from Painting the School of Art and Design to the School of Architecture) must complete a Change of School Transfer Application and return it to the Office of Admissions no later than June 1 for the fall term and December 15 for the spring term. A $50 application fee must accompany this application. Students must meet the admissions criteria for the program to which they are applying. Credit transferred to the new program from either Pratt or other colleges is not computed in the new grade point average. Students are required to make an appointment with the Office of Admissions to determine transfer credit. A limit of one transfer between schools will be considered. Students requesting a second transfer will be required to obtain additional approval from both deans and the Office of the Provost.
— students must notify the Registrar via this online application when they are ready to graduate. This application must be completed before the deadline in the student's second-to-last semester. This allows the Registrar's Office sufficient time to review your record, address any concerns, and notify you of important graduation information.
Leave of Absence
— a student in good academic standing (min. 2.0 for undergrad, min. 3.0 for graduate) may be absent from Pratt Institute for one or two semesters.
— extensions beyond one year require a new application to be filed.
— must be filed before the last day to drop a class in a given semester.
— required before dropping or withdrawing from all classes for a semester.
— financial relief is only granted if there is a sudden and severe reason for the withdrawal. Students seeking financial relief for withdrawing will have to address the Institute Financial Appeals Committee. These students should speak to the Administrative Assistant in the Student Affairs Office.
— for students who want to take up to six credits at Pratt Institute without matriculating and visiting students from other colleges who must be full-time students for a semester or two. For more information on these enrollment options, go to the Non-Degree Students page.
- Classroom Reservation Request Form - This form must be completed by any students, faculty or staff wishing to reserve an academic space (computer lab, classroom, or studio) for a non-credit meeting, lecture or presentation. This form IS NOT for regularly scheduled academic or for-credit classes.
- Institute Bulletin—The Institute Bulletins for undergraduates and graduates list classes offered each school year.
- Academic Calendar—The Official Academic Calendar has the dates that are important to the Institute.
- Academic Guide and Registrar's Guidelines
- Change_of_Name.pdf (9.42 KB)
- Readmission_Form.pdf (151.82 KB)
- Change_of_Address.pdf (63.31 KB)
- Change_of_Major_Form_NEW.pdf (139.32 KB)
- 1541-leave_of_absence_and_withdrawal_form.pdf (124.42 KB)
- 1541-incomplete_form.pdf (123.88 KB)
- 1541-classroom_reservation_request_form_(_new_).pdf (135.17 KB)
- 1541-letterheadlogo.jpg (23.24 KB)
- 1541-letterheadlogo_2.png (22.23 KB)
These forms are available in Adobe's PDF format for viewing and printing. To use them you must install Adobe's free Acrobat Reader on your computer.