Pratt Debit Card
Pratt Institute is always looking for ways to accommodate the busy and demanding lives of our students. With you in mind, we are proud to introduce the new Pratt Discover® Prepaid Debit Card to receive your student aid refund.
When funds are electronically transferred to the student account, students will have the option to use the Discover® Prepaid Debit Card
- At any ATM to withdraw money
- Request a paper check from www.acceluraid.com/pratt
- Electronically transfer money to any checking and/or savings account
- Make purchases anywhere Discover Cards are accepted
Pratt Discover® Prepaid Debit Card Reimbursement Process
Students will receive their Pratt Discover Prepaid Debit Card in the mail. Instructions on how to activate the card will be included. Students will receive one card.
All current students with a local US address will be mailed a card beginning December 2012. The card and account number will remain active for as long as you remain a student. Upon graduation/withdrawal an individual can retain their card. Students should keep the card for at least as long as you intend to be a student at Pratt institute in the event you should ever be eligible to receive a refund.
The Pratt Discover Prepaid Debit Card will not have any funds on them when students receive them, and cards must first be activated at Acceluraid.com/Pratt. Once Pratt Institute releases funds to a student with an activate Pratt Discover Prepaid Debit Card, the funds will be available. This is not a credit card or a checking account, and is not reported to credit agencies or bureaus. Students’ personal information is secure and will never be sold for solicitation purposes.
Alternative Payment Methods
There are alternative payment methods available to students in the “My Choice” tab at Acceluraid.com/Pratt once students have completed the activation process. Follow the instructions on the website to request direct deposit of funds to a bank account or to request a paper check. With the Pratt Discover Prepaid Debit Card, students would receive their financial aid refund faster than ever and have the convenience of a Discover branded debit card. Students can use the card everywhere Discover Card is accepted. Students also receive two free withdrawals from any Pulse Select or Money Pass ATM per refund.
Pratt Discover Prepaid Debit Card Features
- Use it wherever Discover debit cards are accepted
- Use it for online purchases or online bill payment
- It is reloadable
- It can be used for ATM withdrawals
- It can be used with either a PIN or a signature
- Students have 24 hour access to their funds
- Through the Acceluraid website or telephone, students can transfer funds to other accounts or check their balance
- Students will receive electronic email alerts or email messages regarding their card, updated features, etc.
- The funds are safe. The money is at Central National Bank in Oklahoma, an FDIC-insured financial institution.
- It is a debit card only, so students will never have overdraft fees.
Questions regarding the Pratt Discover Prepaid Debit Card can be answered 24/7 through the Acceluraid website Acceluraid.com/Pratt, or by phone (866) 678-7534, or by emailing Support@Acceluraid.com. The Heartland support staff will assist students with the traditional Discover Prepaid Debit Card services such as : lost, stolen, or replacement cards, etc. Any questions regarding actual refund check amounts should be directed to the Bursar's office.
Things to Remember:
1. Funds will be loaded on the card beginning 14 days after the start of the semester coinciding with the end of the drop/add period. The cards are loaded based upon the availability of the approval of your loans as well as an existing credit appearing on your student account to be refunded. For all Title IV Federal Finanical Aid funds, credit balances that are applied to your account AFTER the start of the term will receive a refund withing 14 days from the date the credit appears on your student account.
2. Changing your address with Acceluraid to receive your Pratt Prepaid Debit Card DOES NOT OFFICIALLY CHANGE YOUR ADDRESS WITH PRATT. ALL official change of addresses must be changed with the Registrar's office.
3. The transaction amount purchased or withdrawn from your pratt debit card cannot exceed $3,500 PER DAY.
4. To learn more about the card, please visit http://www.pratt.edu/student_life/student_services/pratt_debit_card/debit_faqs/