Level 1 (Rising)
Prevention and Personal Hygiene
Refer to Pratt Health and Counseling for updated information for this Level
Infected students and their roommates are encouraged to remain isolated in their residence hall room(s) if they cannot travel home
- Classes and academic facilities operate as normal.
- Academic Staff report to work as normal, unless ill.
- Faculty are encouraged to consider delay or suspension of field trips. Faculty should check with the Health and Counseling Office (718-399-4542) concerning the wisdom of travel to specific locations.
- Other scheduled events may be cancelled at the discretion of the sponsor.
- Normal class attendance policies apply except as follows:
- Medical proof for excused absence is not required.
- Any absences incurred by students during Alert Level 1 will not directly effect the final grade. Students, however, continue to be responsible for completion of all course work.
- Students are encouraged to stay home if they experience flulike symptoms
- Faculty are urged to keep current and accurate attendance records.
- If a faculty member is ill and has to cancel a class, they must:
- Notify, in advance, their students via Quickmail on the LMS system to insure that students do not unnecessarily travel to class.
- Notify their chairperson/head via email/phone in advance.
- If a faculty member has to miss two or more consecutive classes, the Chair/Head must be notified to arrange for future substitute instructors
- Schedule make-up classes on a class by class basis (See schedule in Appendix B)
All employees must report absences to their supervisor and describe whether or not the absence is related to the pandemic
- Administrative offices and facilities operate on normal schedules.
- Administrators and Staff report to work as normal, however:
- Employees are encouraged to stay home if they are experiencing flulike symptoms or other illness.
- Employees with insufficient sick leave or other paid leave to cover the absence may receive an accommodation from Human Resources.