While you can successfully land high-quality internship experiences, this is dependent on how and when you start your internship search. A great goal is to start searching 1-2 semesters ahead of the semester in which you plan to intern.
To assist with the internship search:
- Set up a meeting with your career counselor to ensure your resume and portfolio are well prepared. This will ensure a more successful application process. Meeting with your career counselor gets you access to the PrattPro database of internship listings!!
- Attend the Internship Workshop in the Center for Career and Professional Development, held monthly at 12:30 PM (RSVP required to email@example.com). (If you have an internship already, you can get approved to register after attending a workshop.)
- Start your own internship search!
- Search PrattPro
- Do an independent internship search using these valuable resources
- Ask friends, family & faculty if they have any leads for opportunities that may exist in your field/area of interest
- Create a LinkedIn account and use LinkedIn to network online
- Keep track of company/organization names and contacts as you create your internship opportunity list
- Schedule an appointment with your Internship Faculty. Your Internship Faculty in addition to your career counselor will assist you in the search process and help you locate opportunities
- Remember to follow up any internship interviews with a thank-you! If you have never been on an interview before, see your career counselor for tips!
If there are contracts or paperwork involved in starting an internship, please make an appointment with the Internship Program Manager, your career counselor or with your departmental Internship Faculty before signing anything!