Center for Career & Professional Development
The Center for Career & Professional Development (CCPD) inspires, supports, and educates students and alumni to develop their full potential as creative entrepreneurs, locate staff and freelance opportunities, and succeed as fine art practitioners. Counselors work with students on professional learning goals for internship placements and career goals for their job search and small business planning.
CCPD staff members stay abreast of changing trends and employer needs, and guide Pratt students into an easy transition from college into the work environment. We maintain relationships with employers and internship providers nationally and internationally, and offer many ways for employers to reach and recruit from the talented Pratt community.
The CCPD provides the following resources designed to foster meaningful connections between emerging artists and professionals:
Professional Development Programming
- Career Counselors welcome classroom visits to the CCPD and offer presentations on resume building, networking, interviewing skills, developing an online presence, portfolio presentation, self-promotion, freelancing, starting your own business, and the Working Artist Seminar.
- Guest speakers and recruiters are invited to speak on careers in creative industries, review portfolios and hold interview sessions.
- Extended support is offered in the areas of exhibition submissions, grants, fellowships and residencies.
Peer to Peer Advising
- We encourage peer learning through our Peer to Peer career advisors and Peer Writing advisors.
Individual & Group Career Counseling
- Career counseling is available to Pratt students and alumni for life. All CCPD staff has backgrounds as working creatives in major-related industries.
Industry Outreach & Pratt Pro Job Board
- The CCPD manages the Pratt Pro job board for Students/Alumni and Employers – thousands of new positions are posted each year. We perform outreach to employers around the world to develop a pipeline to help move Pratt students and alumni into their job openings.
- We visit studios and organize firm trips for students to learn about the latest industry trends.
- Each year, CCPD hosts opportunity fairs, roundtable discussions, and creative career conferences with visiting partners, recruiters and industry leaders.
Portfolio Reviews & Exhibitions
- Pratt Institute hosts numerous portfolio reviews and thesis exhibitions of current and graduating student work, including the end of year Pratt Show highlighting the best of the graduating class.
- Additionally, you are encouraged to view the work of the entire Pratt community, students, alumni and faculty at Pratt Institute Portfolios.
The CCPD is happy to help you and welcomes your questions. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 718.636.3506.