Contractor ID Card Policy
PRATT INSTITUE CONTRACTOR / VENDOR PHOTO IDENTIFICATIION CARD POLICY
Definition: The term "contractor / vendor" includes any company, and individual that is an employee of a firm having a formal contractual relationship with the Institute and has been retained to work at the Institute.
Pratt Institute is committed to providing the safest possible environment for all members of the campus community. From time to time, it is necessary to permit outside contractors / vendors to access campus facilities for the purpose of renovation, construction, maintenance, operation, etc. of Pratt facilities or conducting other forms of business. All contractors / vendors performing any work on campus will be required to obtain and display a Pratt Contractor Photo Identification Card issued by the Office of Safety and Security.
- A copy of the Contractor's Photo ID policy and procedure shall be provided with all Requests for Proposals (RFP) to potential contractors / vendors by the Pratt Institute entities responsible for issuing and engaging said contracts.
- Upon the awarding of a contract and prior to the commencement of work at a Pratt facility, the Pratt Institute department hiring the contractor / vendor will be responsible for ensuring that all personnel employed by a contractors / vendors are provided contractor / vendor photo ID Card.
- The hiring department shall obtain a contractor / vendor Photo ID Card application, available on-line at https://prattcard.pratt.edu/VendorRequests; complete all requested information and forward the request to the Office of Safety and Security.
- Requests for contractor / vendor cards will be reviewed and processed by the Office of Safety and Security, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM.
- Once approved, the Office of Safety and Security will notify the retaining department who will then schedule a date and time when the contractor / vendor employee may report to the Pratt Card Office to have their photograph taken and obtain an ID Card.
- Photo ID Cards must be clearly visible at all times.
- Any person requesting a contractor / vendor card must present to the hiring department at least one form of government photo identification and identification or driver's license number, their full name, full address, phone number, date of birth, consistent with the information on the request form.
- The hiring department shall provide on the Contractor I.D. Card Request Form all of the information listed in the above paragraph along with the contractor / vendor name, locations or buildings the contractor / vendor is authorized to access, and the dates for which the contract shall be in force.
- In cases of emergency or where weekend or after-hour work is required temporary Contractor I.D. Cards will be issued by the Office of Safety and Security at a designated Visitor Management Pass station.
- All contractor / vendor ID Cards are the property of Pratt Institute and must be returned to the Office of Safety and Security upon expiration or when no longer required, whichever occurs first.
- Pratt Institute will assess a $25 fee to any contractor / vendor who does not return the photo ID card.
- Any contractor / vendor who fails to obtain or wear the required ID, or otherwise violates this policy may be removed from the campus.
- Pratt Institute reserves the right to conduct background checks and screen vendors/contractors through such public data bases as the National Sex Offender Registry, public court records, etc. to determine any potential safety concern the applicant may pose to the campus community.
- Contractors / Vendors must ensure that all of their employees are in compliance with this policy and throughout the duration of the contract any new employees obtain and display their photo ID cards.
- The contractor / vendor ID card is not transferable and is valid as long as the holder continues their affiliation with Pratt Institute. Any misuse or alteration of the card will subject the holder to permanent loss of campus access privileges.
- There will be a replacement fee of $25.00 for a lost contractor / vendor ID card.
- Under certain circumstances (emergency, weekend or after-hour requests, etc.), the Office of Safety and Security may directly issue a "temporary" contractor/vendor identification card upon receipt of a satisfactory application. The issuance of this type of card is typically reserved for those occasions where the vendor / contractor's work is extremely limited in time, scope, and location.
The Pratt Card Office is located in the ARC Building, Lower Level, Room 109 and can be contacted at ext. 5678.