Wednesday, Feb 06, 2013 @ 2:19 pm
Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), institutions maintain the right to protect the privacy of student education records. To give parents and family members some access to their students’ records, such as their tuition and academic information, Pratt has set up a Parent Module. Students decide to allow access to all, some, or none of these records. Students manage permission through their Academic Tools.
1. Students access the Parent Module through their Academic Tools
(available through My.Pratt).
2. On the Students menu, under the “My Personal Information” submenu, click Grant Parent Rights.
3. Adjust the flags for access and level and press submit.
4. An email is generated to the parent with their user id and password so that they can access the system.
5. If the necessary contact is not listed or has an incomplete profile, the student needs to make a request via Request Add of Parent (same submenu). This form will send an email to the Registrar’s Office requesting that staff enter the new person or link the existing person to their record.
6. The Registrar’s Office will update the record and confirm the update by email to the student.
7. The student can then adjust the new contact’s rights through Grant Parent Rights.
8. The new contact can access records through: http://parents.pratt.edu/
For more information, please visit this website: http://www.pratt.edu/student_life/student_services/registrar/registrar_guidelines/parent_module/.
Information is provided by the Pratt Registrar’s Office.
Posted in • For Parents