Facts and Figures
- PayScale ranks Pratt among the best schools for art and design majors with respect to starting salary and mid-career salary. Pratt ranks second after Cornell for starting salary at $42,000 and third for mid-career at $80,000.
- In 2014 DesignIntelligence ranked Pratt's graduate and undergraduate programs in interior design second nationally and first in the region. Pratt's graduate program in industrial design was ranked third nationally and first regionally. Pratt’s undergraduate industrial design program was ranked eighth nationally and fourth regionally. Pratt's undergraduate architecture program ranked eleventh nationally and fourth regionally.
- U.S. News and World Report in its 2013 guide to "America's Best Graduate Schools" ranked Pratt's graduate interior design department first in the country. Pratt's industrial design and communications design programs were ranked fifth and twelfth respectively.
- Pratt ranked 20th in U.S. News and World Report's "Regional Universities North" category. Pratt was the only independent college of art and design to place in this category.
- Pratt was ranked among the top design schools by Business Week.
- Design Management (MPS) was ranked among the top design schools by Business Week.
- Pratt's Graduate Architecture First Professional Degree was ranked eighth regionally by DesignIntelligence for 2013.
- Pratt Institute has been recognized as a top college for teacher education. The Online College Database's new ranking, "Top Colleges in New York Shaping the Next Generation," honors the post-secondary institutions in the state that graduated the most education and teaching professionals in 2012.
- Pratt's Architecture School was ranked among the top schools in the world by Archifund.
- Pratt was ranked first nationally among all schools of art and design by Global Language Monitor in a survey that measures "electronic buzz" about schools.
- Pratt Institute ranked eighth in Red Dot Design’s 2013 international ranking of universities.
- Fashionista ranked Pratt's fashion program #3.
- Graphic Design and Fashion Design were ranked among the "Top 10 Graphic Design and Fashion Design Programs" by College Crunch
- Pratt's animation program was ranked #2 of the East Coast colleges by Animation Career Review.
- Pratt's sculpture park was ranked among the top ten campus art collections by Public Art Review.
- Pratt Institute was ranked as the No. 10 college in the US in the current UniversityBusiness magazine's exclusive "Higher Education 2013 TrendTopper MediaBuzz Rankings" report.
- Pratt's City and Regional Planning program ranked sixth nationally (2nd in the Northeast) among master's degree-granting institutions that do not also grant Ph.D.s in the Planetizen Guide to Graduate Urban Planning Programs.
- Pratt's graduate program in fine arts was ranked 15th by U.S. News.
- Graphic Design USA ranks Pratt #5 out of the top ten most influential design schools of the past half century.
Student Profile 2013-2014
Total Enrollment: 4 627
3 149 Undergraduates
1 478 Graduates
97% of Undergraduates are full-time
100% of First-Year Freshmen are full-time
89% of Graduates are full-time
34% of Undergraduates are male, 66% are female
28% of Graduates are male, 72% are female
Pratt students come from 48 states and 80 countries
Undergraduate: 23% international
Graduate: 29% international
Average student:faculty class ratio: 10:1
Percent from out of state
71% of Undergraduates
78% of First-Time Freshmen
Percent living in residence halls
51% of Undergraduates
90% of First-Time Freshmen
SAT Critical Reading: 25th percentile: 530 / 75th percentile: 630
SAT Math: 25th percentile: 540 / 75th percentile: 670
SAT Writing: 25th percentile: 530 / 75th percentile: 640
Average age of full-time freshmen: 18
Average entering GPA: 3.64
For more facts and figures, please download Pratt's Fall 2013 Common Data Set
- 988-cds_2013_2014_pratt_institute_2.pdf (586.58 KB)
Annual Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act Report: This annual report is available in pdf format for all prospective and current students and employees.