Facts and Figures
- In 2013 DesignIntelligence ranked Pratt's graduate program in industrial design 2nd and undergraduate industrial design program 3rd. Pratt's graduate and undergraduate programs in interior design were ranked 3rd and 4th respectively.
- Pratt's undergraduate architecture program ranked 10th nationally in 2012.
- U.S. News and World Report in its 2013 guide to America's Best Graduate Schools ranked Pratt's graduate interior design department first in the country.
- Pratt's graduate industrial design and communications design programs ranked fifth and twelfth respectively.
- Pratt was ranked among the top design schools by Business Week.
- Design Management (MPS) was ranked among the top design schools by Business Week.
- Pratt's Graduate Architecture First Professional Degree was ranked fourth regionally by DesignIntelligence for 2013.
- Pratt's Architecture School was ranked among the top schools in the world by Archifund.
- Pratt was ranked first nationally among all schools of art and design by Global Language Monitor in a survey that measures "electronic buzz" about schools.
- Fashionista ranked Pratt's fashion program #3.
- Graphic Design and Fashion Design were ranked among the "Top 10 Graphic Design and Fashion Design Programs" by College Crunch
- Pratt's animation program was ranked #9 in the country by Animation Career Review.
- Pratt's sculpture park was ranked among the top ten campus art collections by Public Art Review.
- Pratt Institute was ranked as the No.10 college in the US in the current UniversityBusiness magazine's exclusive "Higher Education 2013 TrendTopper MediaBuzz Rankings" report.
Student Profile 2012- 2013
total enrollment: 4,688
96% of undergraduates are full-time
100% of first year freshmen are full-time
87% of graduates are full-time
35% of undergraduates are male, 65% are female
28% of graduates are male, and 72% are female
Pratt students come from 46 states and 78 foreign countries
Undergraduate: 20% international
Graduate: 26% international
Average class ratio 10 to 1
Percent from out of state
67% of undergraduates
74% of first time freshmen
Percent living in residence halls
51% of undergraduates
92% of first-time freshmen
SAT Critical Reading: 25th percentile: 540 / 75th percentile: 640
SAT Math: 25th percentile: 540 / 75th percentile: 650
SAT Writing: 25th percentile: 550 / 75th percentile: 630
Average age of full-time freshmen: 18
Average entering GPA: 3.63
For more facts and figures, please download Pratt's Fall 2012 Common Data Set below.
- 988-cds_2012_2013_pratt_institute.pdf (576.13 KB)
Annual Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act Report: This annual report is available in pdf format for all prospective and current students and employees.