M.A., Quantitative Methods, Columbia University
M.L.S., Drexel University
Kathleen Dreyer is Head of the Watson Library of Business and Economics. In addition to providing research assistance to students and faculty, Kathleen oversees the collections and staff of the library. She is currently working on a book with a Columbia colleague called “Implementing an IM and text messaging reference service.” The book is due to be published in spring 2012 by Neal Schuman publishers.
Before coming to Columbia, Kathleen was the electronic resources librarian at the Lippincott Library at the University of Pennsylvania. Kathleen holds a Master of Science in Library and Information Science from Drexel University and Master of Arts in Quantitative Methods from Columbia University.
Academic & Professional Experience
• Head, Watson Library of Business and Economics, Columbia University (July 2008-)
• Electronic Resources and Research Librarian, Watson Library of Business and Economics, Columbia University (2003-July 2008)
• Instructor, Masters in Information and Archival Management [program renamed: Information and Knowledge Strategy], School of Continuing Education, Columbia University (2007-2009)
• Courses taught:
• – Business Information, Materials and Documents, Spring 2007, Fall 2007, Spring 2009
• – Working with Commercial Vendors, Spring 2008, and Fall 2008
• – Electronic Resources Librarian, Lippincott Library, University of Pennsylvania (2002 to 2003)
Selected Publications (last five years only)
For other publications and presentations, see Curriculum Vitae PDF above.
• Bielskas, A. & Dreyer, K. (forthcoming spring 2012). Tech Set: Implementing an IM and text reference service. New York: Neal Schuman.
• Dreyer, K. Forrester: Information & Knowledge Management (2007). College & Research Libraries, 68(5), 454.
• Dreyer, K., A. Jordan & D. Wassertzug. (2006). Targeted instruction programs for students in graduate professional programs at a large research institution: Lessons from business, journalism, and social work. In D. Cook & T. Cooper (Eds.).Teaching information literacy skills to education and social sciences students and practitioners: A second casebook of applications.Chicago, IL: Association of College and Research Libraries.
• Halperin, M., Eichler, L, Khanna, D. & Dreyer, K. (2006). Just the FAQs, Ma'am: Sharing a business knowledge database. Journal of Business & Finance Librarianship, 12(1), 33-36.
• Dreyer, K. (2006). Sports Business Research Network [SBRnet].College & Research Libraries, 67(2), 181.
• Dreyer, K. (2005). DealScan. College & Research Libraries, 66(2), 181.