Student Information (Summer Only)
Application Deadline: April 1, 2014
After this date, applications may be accepted up until June 1, only if there is space available in the program. Since many classes fill quickly, we strongly encourage you to apply early in order to get your first choice for your elective course, and to reserve housing if needed.
Program Dates: July 7–August 1
4 weeks, 3 weekends
Check-in and Orientation (mandatory)
Brooklyn Campus: Monday, July 7
July 8, Classes begin
Friday, August 1: Closing exhibition and reception (mandatory) 10 AM–12
Four Credits: $3,298 plus fees
Additional Fees* for All Students
$40 Application Fee (non-refundable; due with application)
$500 Deposit (non-refundable; due with application, applied to tuition)
$325 Student Administration Fee
Additional Fees* for Students who will require housing on the Brooklyn Campus
$740 Meal Plan: Brooklyn resident students (mandatory)
$112 Local Transportation Fee* (30-day MetroCard for Brooklyn residential students only)
$175 Optional Board (lunch) only for commuters
Pratt Health Coverage: Health insurance is required for all students attending the PreCollege program. If a student is not currently insured, a short-term policy with variable costs through an outside vendor may be available. Further information will be provided upon acceptance into the program.
* Tuition and fees are subject to change.
- Send us your application form (download the PDF from this page)
- Letter of recommendation, printed on the school’s letterhead, from your art teacher or guidance counselor
- A letter of intent and state why you wish to participate
- Deposit - Credit card info or a check for $540 payable to Pratt Institute (includes $40 application fee and $500 deposit, please note that the registration fee and deposit are non-refundable.) Checks should include the student’s name and Social Security Number (if applicable) and be made payable to Pratt Institute. For payment by credit card, please make sure to include the name as it appears on the credit card, its expiration date, and security code. Pratt accepts VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
- Please be sure to submit your materials directly to the CCPS/PreCollege Program at Pratt Institute. Your application may be delayed if sent to the Pratt Admissions office; or just “Pratt Institute.” Further program details will be sent to students following receipt of the deposit.
For more information visit www.pratt.edu/precollege, or to register:
PreCollege Program - Center for Continuing & Professional Studies (CCPS)
ISC Building, Room 205
200 Willoughby Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11205-9975
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By fax: 718.399.4410
By phone: 718.636.3453
In person: You can come to the address above from 10 AM–3 PM, Monday–Friday.
If you wish to meet with a staff representative, please call ahead for an appointment at 718.636.3453.
International Students are required to obtain an F-1 student visa in order to participate in Pratt’s PreCollege summer program. All non-US citizens must fill out our "International Student forms," to request an I-20 from Pratt, which is required to obtain an F-1 student visa from the American Embassy in their country. Please fill out the forms early and completely to avoid delays in processing your paperwork. Applicants who miss the April 25 deadline may be denied participation in the program. International Student forms will be made available for downloading as a PDF on this page by Dec 1. Please note that obtaining a visa from American embassies is a lengthy process and therefore should be planned well in advance.
- 6745-merit_scholarship_application_2014.pdf (285.76 KB)
- 6745-preco_application_form_2014.pdf (356.44 KB)
- 6745-international_student_info_i20_request_forms_su_14.pdf (519.52 KB)
March 15: Merit Scholarship Postmarked Deadline
April 1: Application Deadline: The completed application form, along with the $40 application fee and $500 deposit are due. (Please note that the initial $540 payment is nonrefundable.) After this date, applications will be accepted only if there is space available in the program. Since many classes fill quickly, we strongly encourage you to apply early in order to get your first choice for your elective course, and to reserve housing if needed.
April 25: International Student Forms are due (for I-20 requests, required for all non-US students)
May 1: Full payment of all tuition and fees are due
May 15: $40 late fee if payment isn't received
June 1: $75 late fee if payment isn't received
June 1: Late Application Deadline. Applications received beyond June 1st may be considered for certain elective courses if space remains; however your 1st elective choice, as well as the housing option, will not be guaranteed.
June 15: $100 late fee if payment isn't received
June 25: If full payment is not received by June 25, your registration is subject to cancellation without refund.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Please note that cancellations must be in writing (may be faxed to 718.399.4410)
Before June 1: Refund of payments made minus the non-refundable $540 (deposit and application fee.)
Between June 1 and June 25: 50% refund of payments made minus the non-refundable $540 (deposit and application fee.)
As of June 25: NO REFUND
1. Merit Scholarship: DEADLINE MARCH 15.
Notifications will be mailed out AFTER April 1st. Do not try to contact the office before then regarding your scholarship application.
Merit Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis. Your application and work samples must be postmarked by the March 15 deadline to qualify. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
All Merit Scholarships are partial scholarships, applied toward tuition only; they do not cover supplies or the campus residence package (room and board.)
Please note: even if you are applying for a scholarship, you must include the initial $540 non-refundable deposit and application fee in order to be considered for the program, and to hold your space upon acceptance into the program. Scholarship applications without the deposit and application fee will not be reviewed.
2. BAP Scholarship : DEADLINE APRIL 15
The Black Alumni at Pratt (BAP) sponsor a full scholarship program for New York State resident minority students. Please contact BAP directly at 718.636.3479 for more information.
Please note: Previous PreCollege participants are not eligible for these scholarships.