History of Art & Design Study Resources
The HA&D Study Resources are online-based resources for students in the undergraduate survey courses. Each section is grouped according to an art historical topic, and each resource in that topic is hyperlinked to its corresponding image. Clicking on any image in the gallery will bring you to the corresponding online resource. Clicking on the grid in the bottom left corner will allow you to browse resources by topic. Enjoy!
General Resources We Like
- ArtSTOR Basics- An image database that contains high-resolution images and information for various works of art.
- ArtSTOR for Faculty- An image database that contains high-resolution images and information for various works of art.
- Art History Resources on The Web- An extremely thorough listing of informational sites pertaining to art history. Broken down by time period and location.
- Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History- The Metropolitan Museum of Art's in-depth timeline of art from prehistoric times until the present. Full of useful information and images.
- Art Through Time- A series of short videos that discuss the connections between different works of art.
- History of The World In 100 Objects- A BBC Radio program that tells the story of humanity through the analyzation of 100 art objects throughout time.
- Smarthistory.org- An incredibly useful tool for studying Art History. Like a textbook online, Smarthistory contains audio guides and videos for numerous works of art, external links, and countless photographs, all within a user-friendly and engaging interface.
Career sites geared towards students in the creative arts, arts management, and art education: