How to Apply
Please read the instructions below before you submit your application.
Program applicants must be eighteen years of age or older and have the minimum equivalent of an American high school diploma to be considered for CEP admission. See the list below for the steps you must follow in applying to Pratt Institute’s Certificate of English Proficiency (CEP) program or our Summer Certificate Program (SCP).
• Complete the online Application Form.
• Complete the I-20 and DS-2019 form; include bank statements and the first page of your passport, or the page containing your photograph and identity information.
• Submit a written Statement of Purpose.
- This statement must be an essay of no less than 400 words, entitled “Why I Wish to Study English at Pratt Institute.”
- At the bottom of the essay, type your name and the following: “I certify that I am the writer of this essay.”
Submitting Your Application
Students may apply using our online application form. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, but students are encouraged to apply as early as possible to avoid complications in reserving on-campus housing, attaining visas, etc. If you are accepted, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (I-20) form, covering you for the length of your program.
If you have questions about the application process please contact us at email@example.com. You may also visit our offices on Pratt's Brooklyn Campus in DeKalb Hall, Room 408, between 9 AM and 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
Summer Full-day Immersion classes $3,100
Fall or Spring CEP $5,550
(In U.S. Dollars)
*Tuition and fees subject to change.
CEP & SCP Application Deadlines*
Summer Session: We recommend that you submit your SCP I-20 Request by April 15, 2013. Because the I-20 application is a long process, it is advisable to begin as early as possible in order to have enough time before the start of the SCP program.
- CEP Fall: June 1, 2013
- CEP Spring: November 1, 2013
*Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are unable to meet the deadline. Deadline extensions are granted on a case-by-case basis.
SCP 2013 Session Dates
- Move-in: June 6 (for students who choose to apply for on-campus housing)
- Incoming testing & OIA check-in: June 7
- Orientation: June 10
- Summer Session Classes: June 11–August 2
- Move-out: August 3 (for students who choose to apply for on-campus housing)
Please note: If you have been accepted for the fall semester and would like to get a head start on your English you must apply for the SCP I-20 prior to applying for your fall I-20. We strongly recommend that all students who received TOEFL scores below 600 PBT/250 CBT/100 iBT enroll in the Summer Certificate Program. If you decide to join us for the summer, please be sure to send your application directly to us before you complete the I-20 request online.
Students who wish to live on campus may contact Pratt’s Office of Residential Life at 215 Willoughby Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11205 or call 718-399-4550.