Teaching & Learning Resources
- Importing Material from One LMS Course to Another
- Uploading More than One File at a Time to the LMS
- Adding a Forum in the LMS
- FTP Settings for MySite Users in DreamWeaver
- Using InDesign and Acrobat to Create Interactive PDFs
- Recording Lecture Audio with Garageband to the LMS
After you log on to the LMS (via my.pratt.edu) you can do the following:
- Go into the new course. This would be an empty section.
- In the ADMINISTRATION block - on the left - click on Import.
- A new screen appears entitled, "import Activities from another course." Click the arrow next to the "Courses I Have Taught" label to drop down a menu of the courses you have taught. Find the course that contains the material you wish to import into the empty class and then choose "Use This Course."
- Next, check the boxes next to the content you want to import and click Continue. (If some of the items sound unfamiliar, you have probably not used that item in the previous course - so even if you leave it checked, that will be OK.)
- You will be asked to click on CONTINUE a few more times as the LMS shows you what it plans to import into the new course. (There really should not be any need for you to make any selections. Just view what is there and click on CONTINUE.)
- You will be returned to the main page of the course selected in Step 1 - and all the material should be there.
- Put your files into a folder on your computer. Compress or zip the folder.
- It is to the Files section, under Administration, once you Turn editing on, that said zipped folder is uploaded.
- Once the file appears in your File uploaded successfully list, you click Unzip in the Action column to the right
- Then, it's back to your Course page where you pick the week/topic to which you plan to add the folder & click on Add a Resource>Display a directory
- On the pop-up page, give it a name and select it from the drop down at the center of the page called Main files directory
- Save and you are all set!
Contact the Department of Educational Technology at firstname.lastname@example.org, join us in the Faculty Technology Studios, or call 718.399.4531.