The Pratt IT Division is comprised of four departments: Academic Computing, Enterprise Systems, Faculty Technology Studios and the Web Group. While each of the departments has a distinct set of roles at Pratt Institute, the team members of each department work in a highly cooperative manner.
Academic Computing handles the computer labs, the laptop program, Internet and network services and the Service Desk. Academic Computing also assists in the acquisition of technology as outlined in the Technology Approval Policy. For help with technical issues, please contact the Service Desk at (718) 636-3765.
Enterprise Systems handles the technology that is often behind the scenes of official information here at Pratt. The Pratt ID card, also called the PrattCard, is your “key” to the campus, providing you with convenient access to a variety of features and services. Use it as your personal meal card, building access card, library card, and print and copy card too.
Faculty Technology Studios
The Faculty Technology Studios provide support and facilitation for Pratt faculty seeking creative enhancements to their pedagogy. All Pratt faculty members are invited to the Studios. Come visit us at the Engineering Building, Lower Level, Room 006.
The Web Group at Pratt supports all aspects of http://www.pratt.edu as well as my.pratt.edu. The public website utilizes features such as dynamic real-time information on courses and degrees, faculty biography information, animated galleries featuring department and instructor work, directory and search capabilities, social media tools as well as recent blog and calander event information. my.pratt.edu is our intranet portal that is growing more personalized to offer current students, faculty and staff direct access to their community.
- Develop and maintain good practice, governance, security and system architecture campus-wide.
- Provide leadership in the selection and appropriate use of technology.
- Articulate and clarify the role of IT in processes supported with technology.
- Empower users of technology at Pratt to identify and apply appropriate technology to their processes.
- Build clarity and appropriateness for the various internal and external users of the institutional window that is Pratt IT.
For help with technical issues, please contact the Service Desk at (718) 636-3765.